Hardware for TeskaLabs LogMan.io
This is a hardware specification designed for vertical scalability. It is optimised for those who plan to built an initial TeskaLabs LogMan.io cluster with the lower possible cost yet with the possibility to add more hardware gradually as the cluster grows. This specification is also fully compatible with the horizontal scalability strategy, which means adding one or more new server node to the cluster.
- Chasis: 2U
- Front HDD trays: 12 drive bays, 3.5", for Data HDDs, hot-swap
- Rear HDD trays: 2 drive bays, 2.5", for OS HDDs, hot-swap
- CPU: 1x AMD EPYC 32 Cores
- RAM: 256GB DDR4 3200, using 64GB modules
- Data SSD: 2x 2TB SSD NVMe, PCIe 3.0+
- Data SSD controller: NVMe PCIe 3.0+ riser card, no RAID; or use motherboard NVMe slots
- Data HDD: 3x 18TB SATA 2/3+ or SAS 1/2/3+, 6+ Gb/s, 7200 rpm
- Data HDD controller: HBA or IT mode card, SATA or SAS, JBOD, no RAID, hot-swap
- OS HDD: 2x 128GB+ SSD SATA 2/3+, HBA, no RAID, directly attached to motherboard SATA
- Network: 2x 1Gbps+ Ethernet NIC
- Power supply: Redundant 920W
- IPMI or equivalent
RAID is implemented in software/OS.
- Add one more CPU (2 CPUs in total), a motherboard with 2 CPU slots is required for this option
- Add RAM up to 512GB
- Add up to 9 additional Data HDDs, maximum 198 TB space using 12x 18 TB HDDs in RAID5
3U and 4U variants are also available with 16 respective 24 drive bays.
Last update: May 2023